Qualifications for ministering at WCC
We are so glad you desire to use your gifts and talents to serve the Lord and minister to the WCC family! We are always looking for qualified ministers to share our pulpit, as the Lord leads.
Here are the qualifications we look for when someone is seeking an opportunity to preach, teach, speak or lead a study group:
- Commitment to the Body of Christ as evidenced by a history of faithful (consistent, long term) membership or regular (weekly) attendance in a local church. No reputation for "church hopping" or history of always seeking a particular set of ideals.
- Recognized as a team-player, unity-builder, peace-promoter; not known for being divisive. No history of leaving churches over offenses or petty disagreements.
- Prioritizes relationship and the Body of Christ over and above "peripheral" points of doctrine (non-essentials).
- Recognized excellence in character (integrity, honesty, humility, teach-ability)
- Reputation for high moral standards (no skeletons in the closet)
- Willing to set aside known differences of scripture interpretation or potentially divisive topics when speaking in the pulpit
- (the obvious) In agreement with our statement of faith and "the essentials" of the Gospel; born again believer who has made a public confession of faith through water baptism
- An understanding of the church audience and ability to relate to the culture of WCC. No political speeches or opinions that aren't centered on the universal Gospel of Jesus Christ.